Thursday, May 13, 2010

going home?

I have been thinking about going home to Alabama to visit. I am catching a ride with my best friend Jessica who is now living in Maryland. I have been really struggling with my decision, she wants to stay for a month which is a really long time to be away from home. My Grandmother is getting up in years and it would be nice to have some time with her and my Dad, and I would get to attend my family reunion...but what then? I think a week is a perfect amount of time for a vacation, and now i am faced with a month.

My mind starts to race with everything that could happen in a month. What if my Dad starts getting on to me like I was a teenager again? What if all he has to eat is that rectangular shaped ham with grissle in every bite? What if I miss my boyfriend and my cats so bad that I cry? What if my DVR breaks and doesn't record Housewives of New Jersey and all my other shows? What if I realize just how much I miss home and hate Pennsylvania? What if I smile and laugh the entire trip and really mean it? What if I come back refreshed, relaxed, and so happy to see my boyfriend that it feels like we just started dating again?

It is so strange going home. I am from such a small town, that I literally know everyone. All these people make all these plans for your visit and when you get home, you maybe see 2 or 3 friends..but they always end up being the only people I really want to see anyway. Maybe life is all about leaving your comfort zone every now and then. I have to make a decision soon...but I'll think about that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment